Raspberry Falls HOA
Good Afternoon, Residents.
Please see below updates on several key issues and events.
* ROUTE 15 UPDATE FROM OUR RASPBERRY FALLS ROUTE 15 STAKEHOLDER COMMITTEE MEMBERS
* Raspberry Falls had a wonderful turn-out from our residents at the Oct. 19 Board of Supervisors meeting. THANK YOU to all who took the time to wear red and come out to support addressing safety and congestion relief for Rt. 15. Some key notes from last night are:
* North King Street will have an auxiliary lane added to Tutt Lane starting in the Spring of 2018. This will lengthen the merge lane for vehicles traveling North on Rt 15. * Multiple Communities up and down Rt 15 supported expansion to at least Montressor Road if not beyond. * The Comprehensive Plan and Transportation Plan will have to be amended for change to happen which will require public input to be successful. Funding remains as issue but keeping Rt 15’s unsafe road and over congestion relevant to the supervisors will make it a priority to fix. * Very special thank you to Senator Dick Black and Delegate Dave LaRock who both took time out of their hectic schedule to come out and stand united with us championing our cause of Rt. 15 safety and congestion relief. They both spoke on our behalf and put pressure on the Supervisors to find funding for the improvements that need to be addressed. * Here’s a link to a video of the public comment section where RF residents made comments: www.raspberryfalls.org/wp-content/plugins/civicrm/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=264&qid=18383  * Please attached several of our Route 15 Stakeholder Committee Members; comments from the Oct. 19 MeetingThe next Stakeholders meeting is November 16, 2017. We will have another update following that meeting and we will be sure to keep you updated if there are any additional developments that happen before that meeting takes place. Please continue to attend the public Board of Supervisor meetings regarding Rt. 15. In order to make a difference we will need everyone to rally behind making Rt 15 a safer and therefore less congested road.
* On Oct. 20, the VDOT Construction Manager stated,”We plan to mill Raspberry Drive from Route 15 to the Hunter Lane/Limestone Court intersection. Once milling is complete, we will pave and replace pavement makings. I expect the milling to take 3 or 4 days depending on weather. The paving will take place after milling but is dependent on work load and scheduling of the paving crews.”
* TRAFFIC CALMING
* Several residents have witnessed and reported speeding issues throughout our community. As a reminder, the traffic calming measures proposed by VDOT must be approved by 75% of homeowners; we were unable to attain this earlier this year. Given the safety impact of this issue, the BOD will try to gain support for this issue and ask the community, once again, for their support in approving VDOT’s recommendations.
* RASPBERRY PLAIN MANOR’S ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY PARTY
* Sunday, Oct. 29 from 4-8pm
* Live music and food trucks- the whole community is invited to celebrate at Raspberry Plain Manor
* LOUDOUN COUNTY FIRE MARSHAL’S OFFICE NEWSLETTER (attached)
Raspberry Falls HOA